Wines from Spain, a division of the Trade Commission of Spain, needed a partner in planning, promoting and executing their signature annual event: Spain’s Great Match. The partner supports all aspects of the event, from venue selection to invitations and ticket sales to day of registration and support across two cities every year. Spain’s Great Match is made up of both wine trade/press and consumer portions.
Since 2011, Colangelo & Partners has executed an annual campaign that combines press and trade relations, social media, and event management. Campaign aspects include invitation of key press and wine trade, management of all logistics and vendors, development of an event-specific app, coordinating with importers and local restaurants, driving ticket sales, and influencer outreach in New York City, Houston, Miami and Los Angeles.
2015 was Colangelo & Partners’ fourth year in a row executing Spain’s Great Match successfully. Highlights include:
• Over 56 million media impressions covering the event
• Attendance of 550+ members of the trade/press and 500+ consumers in New York City
• 1.75M Social Media impressions during event
• Seven well-attended and educational tasting seminars highlighting some of Spain’s greatest regions and wines, featuring speakers such as Karen MacNeil and Steve Olsen
• The launch of a successful consumer and trade event app
• Facilitation of a media partnership with Wine Enthusiast
• Partnerships with New York City and Houston’s top restaurants
• Curating an environment that combined Spanish wine, food, and design, resulting in an immersive and positive experience of Spanish culture